Thursday, April 28, 2011

Serious Questions About Pharma

Epoch Times, Apr. 26, 2011

Marcia Angell, M.D., former editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine, looked at pharmaceutical companies’ profits in the Fortune 500 list of the world’s most profitable companies. She found that the top 10 pharmaceutical companies’ combined profits exceed the combined profits of all the 490 remaining companies!

A new, unproven anticancer drug can be very expensive.

If the NHS objects to a physician using this drug, U.K. newspapers that print what pharma asks them to print will go to bat for the physician against the NHS and the U.K. government, launching half-page photos of a sorrowful mom surrounded by a grieving family she is doomed to leave is she doesn’t get the new wonder drug.

Vitamin C truths are excluded from U.K. newspapers, which print only what won’t damage pharma. A double-page article about vitamin C never mentioned that vitamin C cures many cancers. Cancer articles never mention vitamin C.

I noticed that aspartame was in the vitamin C tablets I bought at the airport. I wondered: If I were a doctor working for that company, knowing that vitamin C cures, prevents, or delays 100 diseases on which my profits depended, how would I protect my company’s profits and my multimillionaire lifestyle?

Full story

No comments:

Post a Comment